Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today we leave for our end of the summer debriefing of the student summer missionaries. It has been a fast eight weeks. We will be returning to the camp in Chosica will be back home on Friday afternoon. It will be exciting to see all of the students again and hear their testimonies of what God has done this summer in their villages. Pray for the safety of our students as they travel to Lima and the camp, and also as they will be returning home to the United States this weekend.

Well, I pride myself on being a very good test taker, but I blew my language evaluation this past Saturday. I let the test giver fluster me in the first minute and it was downhill after that. I reverted back to present and past tense and just didn't give a good representation of what I knew. This is my third language evaluation and I am so tired of being put on a stage and being told to perform. I want this part of my life to be over. What's the point anyway, I have had all of the language study they will allow. I don't think I will even read the report when it comes in. This is a very depressing time.

Went to the English service on Sunday and it was so nice to understand the message. It was great, and a young man came up to me and wanted to know more about my class on Wednesday nights. So I spent some time with him after the service and I believe he will come to the class. He lives not far from our area and hopefully we can develop a good friendship.

Time to get the truck packed. Que tenga un buen dia. The pics are from my recent trip to Yauyos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is the next blog?

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan & Sandy! You have been on my mind the last few days so strong. I thought I would let you know I have been praying for you. I know God puts people in our mind for a reason & I try to pray when that happens. Sounds like learning the language has been hard for you. I have been listening to some conversational Spanish and I do fine with a few simple words, but when they start speaking rapidly they lose me. I can only imagine your frustration when you had to test. I feel the pressure when I am by myself working with a CD! I will be praying for you about the language issue as well as for your Bible study group to grow and for many to become believers as they hear the Word. Eugenia

Charlie Wiles said...

Just wanted you to know we have been praying and thinking of you. Have you ever considered face book? What a great tool. Hope all is well for you and Sandy.

Charlie