Saturday, July 19, 2008

Language school is over and now the work begins




What a week. I have just returned from a week in Yauyos. Kristen Seay and I led a team from Hickory Grove Baptist Church on a vision trip. It was a week of firsts. My first time to help lead a team, first time to drive South on the Pan American Highway, and my first time to drive in the mountains. I did ok in the mountains as I only went airborne once. It is not my fault, who expected to find a speed bump in the middle of nowhere. We had a great week. God was with us as we accomplished everything we needed to do in the short amount of time we had available. On our last day Richard was able to lead the lady who owned our hostel to the Lord. That alone made the whole trip worth it.

What a privilege it was to work this past week with Kristen Seay of Crosspoint Baptist Church in Argo. She is a most precious young lady, and the Lord just shines in her. At just 23 God has blessed her with wisdom way beyond her years. I learned a lot from her this week. What a blessing she is to our team. She has been such a blessing to Sandy and me.

School is over for us, and all that is left now is our language evaluation this week. I have posted pictures of Sandy and myself in class. The classroom is our dinning room table, and Norka was our teacher. She is a wonderful lady but not a believer. She is a great teacher, able to put you at ease. I have been able to communicate some, but my problem is understanding Spanish spoken to me. I have been told that it will take time and to be patient. That is not one of my strong points.

Next week our team will be working on the Atlanta Training materials and I will be back in my Bible Study. We have our end of the summer debriefing for our summer missionaries in two weeks. This summer has gone so fast. It will be great to hear the testimonies of what God has done in the villages this summer through those students.

The work never ends in Peru. There is so much to be done. A special thank you to our friends at Ridgecrest Baptist Church for the heater. I am able to sit here and type without having to wear my jacket. That you so much, you are such a blessing to us.

Until next week, may the Lord bless each of you.

No comments: