Monday, June 16, 2008

Not a good day



I was sitting in church enjoying the pastor's sermon when i see my truck's tag number , along with a few more, projected on the screen. I knew that was not good, especially with the words muy mal next to it. Well it seems my truck extended to far onto the sidewalk. You have a choice to pull up on the sidewalk or hang off in the street. Either way it is a possible ticket. Well this time we got tickets. I had to come all the way to Peru to get the first ticket of my life. Tomorrow I get walk to the bank and pay the fine. The ticket gives no prices, but Mike says it will be about ten dollars. I will have to find somewhere else to park or find a new church. That is just part of life in Peru.

Last Saturday evening we had a great time. Kathy prepared a great Mexican meal, oh it was so good, and we played cards until late. It was such fun for all of us.

Last Friday we went to Polvos Rosados, the pink market, and then on to visit the mall at Larco Mar. It is a mall built on the side of the hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It is in a very upscale area and on our salary all we could do was look, but we still had fun. It is beautiful looking over the ocean watching the small fishing boats and the surfers.

Wednesday evening was an excellent class and I had probably 15 students there. We finished our study of John 9, and this week begin a new study. They are good students and ask lots of very good questions.

The end of next week we travel to Nasca for several days of midsummer debriefing of our student missionaries. Then the second week in July I leave for a week long vision trip with Kristen to Yauyos. It will be a great trip and a time of watching and observing for me.

Language study is going good and I am a bit encouraged right now. Pray for us that God gives us wisdom and boldness in being daily witnesses for Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a weekend to just relax and play cards. The ticket thing cracks me up, really. Caden misses you both! I don't know how much longer we can tell him y'all live in our computer basically-- any ideas? Well goodnight and much love!