Saturday, February 23, 2008

Got my Peruvian driver's license.

What a great day last Sunday was. We went with Jim and Sherry Neal to Monautial de Vida (Well Spring of Life) Church on the outskirts of Lima. It is on a brand new road that has more holes than asphalt. The building was full with maybe sixty to seventy people there. It was a great service with two new members introduced. This is an established church with their own building. Tomorrow we are going to church with Debbie Brinkley. They are having a Baptism service so this will be a great service. Sandy and I are looking forward to it very much.

Great news. This week I got my Peruvian driver's license. First you have to get your health certificate. That was interesting. They check your eyes, record any diseases, arm movement, and yes a psychological exam. Believe it or not I passed the last one. Actually I don't think they even looked at my psychological exam. Pay your money and get your certificate then wait in another line to have your records entered in a computer. After this to the next room to take your written exam. Actually they allow you to take it in English if you don't speak any Spanish. You can miss nine or ten, and I missed seven. Doesn't matter I passed and got my papers stamped. Now wait three days return and pay my fee and wait in another line to actually pick up the the license.

God is blessing with new friends and language helpers. God is so good to us. Language classes are getting difficult. There is so much to remember. So many ways to say the same thing. But with God's help and guidance we will prevail and get through this.

2 comments:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

It was so CAKE for you

Richard Hurst said...

Alan and Sandy it's great to see everything is going well and I AM PRAYING FOR YOU. I hope the LORD Jesus will use you greatly on your mission for Him. I remember the times in Kiev and I miss being able to go and see people so hungry for the Gospel. Keep the FAITH, stay strong, and continue to seek Him. Philippian 4:13 and Hebrews 11:6 have been two verses I have been keeping in my heart lately with all the health issues i've been facing they are great to keep in mind. I'm thankful for Christians like you who are willing to serve and I know He will bless you. I love you and I hope you find time to write in you r busy schedule. My email address fishernutt36@netscape.net if you need something and I can help let me know.