Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earthquakes and more

Well, we survived our first two earthquakes in peru this past Saturday. The first one woke me up at about 1:40 in the morning and at first I didn't realize what was happening. It was over before I realized it was an earthquake. The second was about 7:30 in the morning and it was a bit stronger. We could feel the walls and floors vibrating in our apartment. It also didn't last very long, but it made for an eventful wake up call.

We had a great time for the beginning of our Bible study last Wednesday. There were about 20 people there and we had a great time opening the scriptures. We are studying how to have a quiet time for the next few weeks.

This has been a very hard week, following such a great Easter Sunday. I have been so down this week. This has been my lowest point so far. School is progressing but not at the pace I feel some people would like it to, and you know I put a lot of pressure on myself to fulfill other's expectations. The time crunch of preparing two Bible studies, homework from school, team meetings, and other responsibilities really at times seem overwhelming. Also at home our daughter is causing very difficult problems for our family and being three thousand miles away makes me feel so helpless. This is weighing very heavily on my mind this week. Please pray that God will deal with her and return her to a relationship with Him and with her family. How appropriate that on my computer I Surrender All is playing while I am writing this. All I can do is surrender all to Christ at this point and turn it over to Him.

Saturday night we had our dear missionary friends Arnold, Susie, and their son Patrick, over for dinner with Kathy Weaver. It was a great evening of fellowship over plates of spaghetti, and a home made chocolate cake, my first attempt in Peru. They are such a blessing and source of strength in our lives.

God Bless everyone and thank you so much for your emails and calls.

Your servants in Peru
Alan and Sandy

The picture is of the entire REAPSouth Team

No comments: